Maybe I should start my day with tea or juice or something other than coffee. With the WP problems still around, every day I awake to a fresh batch of posts to view, some as much as a day old. This morning, coffee in hand, I learned that Sawsan of Chef in Disguise had passed to me the Versatile Blogger Award. This was every bit as unexpected as was yesterday’s Liebster Award — and certainly no less appreciated. So, thank you Sawsan for this honor and, for the rest of you, if you’ve not checked out Chef in Disguise, this is your opportunity to do so. Beautifully photographed, Sawsan takes even the most complicated recipes and breaks them down into easy to follow, step-by-step instructions that even a novice like myself can follow. Now that’s something!
As for the Award, I believe I’m expected to share 7 little known facts about myself. So, here goes, in no apparent order:
1. I am an I Love Lucy fan and member of the We Love Lucy Fan club. Honestly, what’s not to love?
2. I’ve mentioned Max a few times and Lucy once. Here are their pics. Max-A-Million is a boxer mix, Lucy a female Eclectus Parrot. Max got his name because it was a million to one shot that he’d end up with me. Lucy, well, look at her pic and read No. 1 above. And, yes, Max’s left eye is partly blue.
3. I’m allergic to penicillin, having found out the “hard way.” Luckily, the doctor who administered the shot insisted I wait 20 minutes before leaving for home. He saved my life.
4. Zia and I once led a procession of the faithful to meet John-Paul II after one of his Wednesday public audiences.
5. A life-long smoker, I quit 2 years ago — and this time it’s for good.
6. If you’re lucky enough to wait on my table in a restaurant, don’t bother reciting the dessert options and you can keep the dessert menu. Just bring me cheesecake and I will be one very happy diner.
7. During high school, I worked at a family owned, Italian foods processing plant.
Well, that’s 7 and it’s too bad I’m limited to only 7. I guess I’ll have to wait until next time before I can talk about my years in the French Foreign Legion, my volunteer work on the island of hangnail sufferers, my prison record, and my contributions to nuclear fusion research.
Now comes the hard part, nominating 15 others for this award. I know a few of the bloggers I follow have recently received this award and, so, I’ll try not to double nominate anyone. And, even though I may have nominated a few of you yesterday for the Liebster Award, that doesn’t mean I don’t want to learn more about you. I hope you don’t mind my mentioning you again. And if I’ve missed anyone, please forgive me.
- Adventures in Food Land
- Back Road Journal
- Blue jellybeans
- Camerhols / Food, Photography & France
- Food, Flowers, Herbs – and Life!
- My Little Corner of Rhode Island
- Ruth E. Hendricks Photography
- Savoring Every Bite
- Frugal Feeding
Um … that’s not 15?
8. I can’t count.
And, thank you again, Sawsan.
* * *
Note: I don’t know why there’s no title and cannot get the font back to normal After about a dozen attempts at correcting this — none of which shows up in the drafts — I give up.
No. 9 I’m a quitter!
* * *